Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a boy!

This morning, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. We are naming him Darien. He came out and gave a squaller then voiced his protest at being let out into the cold by letting loose a little stream! The nurses cleaned him up and ran their tests while I happily snapped pictures of our darling little son. He weighed 7lb 6oz and is a respectable 20" long. I stayed and talked with Eileen while calling the family and letting them know the good news. I tried the hospital cafeteria for lunch at Eileen's reccomendation. She said it was "gourmet." The bleu cheese and bacon hamburger was actually well made, though I have decided to leave bleu cheese to salad dressing. Our best friend, Dani came by, then her sister Kim. Finally, I had to leave to get the kids to bed - grandma was watching them. On my way out I saw Beth, looking slightly lost so I extended my arm and led her to Eileen. I left them chatting and went home to make dinner. Some ladies from the church stopped by and left cowboy beans and rolls, chips and cheese. That was more interesting than what I was going to make so that was my dinner. The kids wanted cereal. Of course. After the brushing of teeth and bedtime story, there was the obligatory ups and downs. The kids got up, I put them down. Repeat a few times until they get stuck in the down position and fall asleep. I planted another row of carrots to make up for missing Saturday. I'm trying to plant one row each week in the hopes of staggering my harvest the same way. We'll see what happens. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment