Monday, March 22, 2010

Ah, Spring!

Spring is in the air. My mother-in-law brought jasmine flowers with her when she visited a few days ago. They smelled so sweet it inspired me to get some of my own. One for my wife, one for my brother and his wife (birthdays coming up) and one for me. Wife wants it in the back yard, I want it in the front. I was also inspired by a squarefoot gardening class I went to the other night. Don Richins, an SFG Certified Instructor, led the class. www.sonorangarden.com is his website. www.squarefootgardening.com for the official SFG website. I loved the class, it inspired me to want to plant more vegetables. The best thing, though, was the calendar. I can never seem to remember when to plant what. I just planted garlic a few weeks ago. Its coming up and healthy. Looking in the calendar, it says garlic should be planted in... ...October! Huh? So I'm a little off. Heh heh heh. Sigh. http://ag.arizona.edu/maricopa/garden/ and click on the Monthly Garden Guide for what to plant when. April seems to be the month for beans, jicama, melons, onions, radishes, squash and tomatoes. Yum! I think I'll go plant radishes tomorrow. Maybe some melons. Anyone for squash?

No comments:

Post a Comment