Friday, October 28, 2011

Graduation!

It's been a busy week, but I wanted to share the news - I are edumacated now! Yes, I've finally accomplished what I once thought was impossible. While working full time to support my family, I also went to school full time and kept up my grades to graduate summa cum laude with a Bachelors of Science in Technical Management from DeVry University. There were many ups and downs, and my friends think I was nuts to work during school, but I now know something about myself I didn't before.

My wife, lovely artist that she is, made a smilebox commemorating the event:
Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
This digital greeting generated with Smilebox

My youngest had no idea who the strange fellow holding him was! I had to take off my cap so he could recognize me.

“There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.” - Henry Ford

What's next? After a short break to figure my life out, I plan to start my Master's program in May. Wish me luck?

1 comment:

  1. Update: after an audit of my degree, they found I was two upper-division level credits short of the requirements. They were pretty embarrassed about the slip, I was already burned out and ready to be done, but there was no help for it. I signed up for one more class (Contemporary History) and NOW I'm finished. For real, this time.

    ReplyDelete